If you are looking for a fast and effective way to remove dirt and grime from your mountain bike, you might want to get a pressure washer. Below are the top tips that you should follow when you are using a pressure washer to clean off a mountain bike.
Tip #1) Stay away from bearings- When you are cleaning your mountain bike, you want to stay away from bearings. If you clean the bearings, they can get damaged and become defective.
Tip #2) Don’t wash too frequently- Even though your mountain bike might look its best when it’s squeaky clean, it’s important to not wash too frequently.
Tip #3) Lube up after a cleaning- After you have cleaned and allowed your bike to dry off, you might want to give it a lube job. Areas to focus on include the chain and other parts that move while the bike is in motion.
Tip #4) Follow the instructions- You should read and then follow the instructions that come with the mountain bike. There might be a certain setting or attachment that you are supposed to be using for a mountain bike.
Benefits of pressure washing a mountain bike
- Save time- One of the best parts about using a pressure washer to clean your bike is that it can save you a significant amount of time. If you had to take your mountain bike into a shop to get it cleaned, you wouldn’t get your bike back for a couple of days.
- You don’t have to own your own house- It is common for people who own homes to wash their mountain bike in their backyard with a hose. This isn’t the same for people who live in the city and/or in apartments. It can be hard to find a place that is near a hose to clean the mountain bike.
- No harsh chemicals- Alternative ways to clean a mountain bike might require you to use harsh chemicals or sprays. You don’t have to worry about the pressure washer releasing any harmful chemicals or fumes in the air. The fact that you’re not using any harsh chemicals or sprays to clean your bike is also good for the environment.
- Save money- Paying a professional to clean your mountain bike could cost anywhere from fifty to two hundred dollars. Having the ability to clean your mountain bike on your own will save you a ton of money.
- Keep your car clean- Washing off your mountain bike before you hit the road can help keep your car clean. You’ll never have to worry about cleaning the mud and dirt in your back seat or trunk again.
- Easy to control- One of the things that I really like about using a pressure washer to clean my mountain bike is that it’s easy to control.
Drawbacks of pressure washing a mountain bike
- Potential damage- When you use a pressure wash to clean a mountain bike, you always run the risk of doing damage to the bearings. However, there are safe ways to clean your mountain bike with a pressure washer that won’t do any damage to your bike.
Using a pressure washer to clean and clear off your mountain bike might be exactly what the doctor prescribed after a long day on the trails. Don’t forget to stay away from the bearings and give your bike a lube-job after the cleaning is complete.